Saturday, June 2, 2018
Rabbi Mendel Kessin
Synopsis is not necesarrily in Rabbi Kessin's own words
Transcendental forces as the cause of reality.
- Transcendental forces are controlled by malachim (isarusa d’leilah – influence from above).
- Nature & Miracles.
- Anyone with free will can influence their transcendental counterpart (Isarusa d’ltatah)
- God can decree that there be an influence from the transcendental force to a creation despite their free will.
- Those with free will can also influence other things and even other people with free will and, in turn, anything those people influence.
- About the unconscious stream of thought, depression, anxiety, etc.
- People can also instruct malachim to deviate
Haoras and hester Panim / Divine illumination and concealment
- Reward and punishment
- Hashem can influence the malach by shining illumination and increasing His presence
- Concealing His presence from that malach, allowing the Satan to enter and apply zohama
- Hashem may give someone success to someone to allow him to consume his entire reward in olam hazeh
- Hashem is on the side of all people – even goyim – to make sure they get olam habah. Only people evil to the extreme are subject to ibud – annihilation
- While olam habah must be achieved through earning it, Hashem does give assistance solely as a kindness even if it is undeserved